Response: The following is the general order for most weddings, but it may differ slightly if you are having the wedding in a church that has a specific procedure.
1. seating of grandparents - they may be seated early if they prefer
2. seating of step-mothers, if any
3. seating of grooms parents
4. seating of brides mother
5. entrance of the officiant and groom. The male attendants may enter with the groom or with the bridesmaids.
6. entrance of the bridesmaids beginning with the one who will stand the greatest distance away from the bride. They may enter alone or with a groomsman. If there is a junior bridesmaid, she enters first.
7. entrance of the maid of honor, either alone or with the best man
8. entrance of the ring bearer. He/she can enter with the flower girl or before her.
9. entrance of the flower girl - see comment above
10. entrance of the bride and her escort or by herself
For the recessional, the wedding party exits in the opposite order that they entered, bride and groom first, then the children, then MOH and BM, then bridesmaids and groomsmen.
Return To Question